introduction: My Relationship With Media


What's up guys, it's Kai with his first media blog. My current relationship with media is pretty good. I enjoy seeing ads for some of my favorite brands, some of my favorite you tubers have sponsorships, and overall media has a large impact on what I do and buy. Most of my favorite brands are sports brands, or sponsor some of my favorite teams. Many of the sponsorships I see on American teams are food chains, or sports apparel, but if it's a team from England, many of the sponsors are gambling/ betting websites. 600 × 600. Of the youtubers who have sponsorships, many of them are with companies such as NordVPN, skill share, or curiosity stream. Looking back on it now, I have a higher opinion of these companies than I do of others in their field, yet I have never once ever thought about using their services. The only plausible reason I have for these opinions, is that someone who I look up to endorses it, so I feel like it must be worth it, or better than it's competitor. 
Media also shapes my life in other ways. My parents won't let me have instagram or snapchat, but I see how those affect my friends. Sometimes I see that they have some friendships that grow and decay because of these social media sites. Someone may share a secret that they shouldn't have, or be ashamed of something and hide online so they don't have to interact with anyone. But they also gain new friends that they never would have met without these social media platforms. I personally have found people that I can relate to with Facebook (I know, I'm a grandpa with Facebook) and that online community gives me a sense of calm when I need someplace to look at when I am stressed.
Overall My relationship with media is a mixed bag, but I would consider it more good than bad. I can relate to others through social media, I get some happiness from seeing ads for certain companies, and I have more positive opinions of certain brands because they are endorsed by youtubers. Media shapes my life in many ways, but I believe that it is mostly a positive way.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas

Scandalous Popes

Memes are taking over the world