Oversimplified

Image result for three kingdoms oversimplifiedYo, what's up guys, its Kai, back again with another media blog. In this one I'm gonna be talking about things that I like in certain media. One of my favorite channels on Youtube is Oversimplified. He makes videos about historical events, such as the Three Kingdoms period in China, and you guessed it, oversimplifies it so that a normal youtube browsing person like me can enjoy it. In that video on the Three Kingdoms he did some things that I really liked. First of all, in his introductory segment he uses a narrator to show the beautification of the time period, and then gives a realist perspective, grounding the video in a realistic narrative. I also liked when he was listing the names of the warlords in China, and he said "... and many other names I am definitely pronouncing wrong." That made me laugh out loud, and it gave him a more personal feel, because mispronouncing names is something we can all relate to. Overall I think I like him simply because I love history, but it's more than that. It's his personal feel, his realist perspective, and his subtle comedy he intersperses throughout his videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas

Scandalous Popes

Memes are taking over the world